Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good List - Bad List

I'm just looking to vent. And praise. Here are some of the businesses that I am disappointed in and here are some I love.

I'm disappointed in:
- Conyers Nissan (terrible customer relations, quit biting the hands that are feeding you guys)
- RaceTrac Petroleum - gas stations

I love:
+ Chick Fil A (what a wonderful company from front to back)
+ All Air - Great company with terrific service and integrity - www.allairinc.com
+ MyHSARewards.com - Sanders and Rob (founders) are on to something big here. Check them out.
+ Kaiteurcoffeehouse.com - Moose (the owner) and his wife are wonderful people that run a terrific business in Conyers, Ga.

So here is my beef. (with some companies) When you are snotty, rude, demeaning and discourteous to sales people, vendors, employment candidates and, in any instance, customers you are really hurting your business. That job candidate you are demeaning to is a person that can put out some bad press about your company in your community. Think about it. That vendor that you treat like garbage, he knows a lot of your clients and prospects and can have a real impact on your business. Here is an example:

RaceTrac Petroleum is a successful chain of gasoline retail convenience stores. But it's common knowledge in Atlanta amongst vendors and job candidates that they are a huge waste of time to try to do business with or to try to get a job at their corporate offices. They meet with you....they bring you in 5 times to talk to 20 people.....they ask for a long list of "things" from you.....then.....they never call you again. Job seekers. Vendors. All of them. They constantly put out RFP's and never choose a vendor. They interview dozens of people all of the time and never follow up to even show the courtesy of letting the job candidate know if they got the job or not. I've dealt with them on both accounts. I haven't bought gas from them, as a result of their poor business practices, in over 6 years now. I tell everyone I know not to buy from them. Pitiful.

Chick Fil A, on the other hand, I will go out of my way to patronize because they are polite, courteous and ethical from top to bottom. Front to back. Very nice and very professional both in their corporate offices and in their stores. Love them.



If you want to be on my list. (either one) ha Let me know at sburkey1@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment